• etaec2020@yahoo.com

Tourist attractions

Tourist attractions

City museum

City museum, built in 1899. The building initial assignment was for the Arges County Council, but from 1974 is used for the city museum.

The first art exhibition took place here in 1970.

Between 1998 and 2004 two new buildings were built, to host new modern research laboratories, an observatory and a planetarium.

Built in 1866 at the instigation and with the support of Mihail Kogalniceanu Art Gallery building functioned as the headquarters of Pitesti City Hall until 1970.

Performed in French eclectic style, with a spacious hall and monumental staircase, the gallery is home to works by renowned painters and sculptors: Nicolae Grigorescu and Ion Andreescu, Theodor Aman, Luchian, Nicolae Tonitza Dărăscu N., V. Popescu, GDMirea, Rudolf Schweitzer-Cumpăna, Gheorghe Iliescu-Calinesti to

Opened in 1971, the Art Gallery of Pitesti is based startup donation Schweitzer-Cumpăna (38 paintings and drawings) fund which was supplemented with acquisitions and finally, with the donation Iliescu-Călineşti it like Schweitzer-Cumpăna It is bound by the birth of Arges.Purchases that were made beyond the criteria took into account the artistic and sentimental, the binding sites by birth or painters or sculptors chosen topics.

In the museum we find the kind where both landscape and still life are thoroughly interpreted by Stephen Dimitrescu Francis Şirato, Camil Ressu Demetrius ice. His works Steriadi Henry masts, Vasile Popescu and Iosif Iser have the concentration pictorial expression of a mood dense, filled with emotion. Lucian Grigorescu, eustaţiu stoenescu, Nicolae Dărăscu addresses in a lucid vision of an original attitude. Corneliu Baba’s painting liberates noble sentiment, clean, evoking the idea of beauty being human.

Artesian Musical Fountain of Pitesti

The most important event dedicated to Europe Day in Pitesti is the inauguration of wells “singing”, a paper that cost the municipality of one million euros. The artesian fountain of Pitesti is unique in Eastern Europe, has 1,000 mouths to water, fixed and mobile, light organ, and what is most interesting, moving water pressure depending on the sound of music.

Trivale Park

Located in the western part of Pitesti, the forest occupies an area of approximately 7,000 ha. Ecoprotectiv considered to have a role to adjacent areas, thus contributing to maintaining environmental quality. Here are three valleys of streams, hence the name trivia. It is composed of thermophilic oak trees, vegetation diversity and significance Phytogeographically placing it among the forests of importance. At the entrance, is Trivale Hermitage, and at the intersection with the main road Trivale stream is a cave that serves both as decoration and as a bar-restaurant. Of particular interest here is the zoo.

Among the 130 animals housed the zoo are: the tiger, lion, brown bear, fox, goat Cameroon, deer woods, cloaked baboon, baboon, wolf, dingo, semigreu horse, buffalo, lama. Big cat shelters were arranged with care so that visitors can observe through a special glass. Collection of birds include various exotic birds and prey: Emu ostrich, peacock blue Asian, swan, black swan, stork, guinea fowl, partridge, pheasant Golden Pheasant silver and red. Birds have and a landscaped lake in the forest Trivale. Zoo Pitesti offers little ones a playground with swings and slides and more curious visitors room with hunting trophies. Zoo Pitesti is in 4th place in the country to endowment and investment is made and past years.

This Park is equipped with benches, bridges, gazebos, street lamps. The decor (natural and artificial) makes you look at the park from a different perspective: a little surreal and full of romance. Beautiful park began to be set up from 1900, when Hall turned to Count Graf Thedeus Lubenschi from Austria to buy ornamental trees, to be planted in the park. They were ordered thus: 25 pieces fir, pine Austria 1000 pieces, 100 Pine rigid 25 cembra pine, white pine 100, 100 Spruce, 20 olive, maple 100 pieces. In 1903, the landscape architect Edouard Redont (who designed the most beautiful park in Romania) was occupied by a plan beauty of the park. In 1913, architect Pinard in Bucharest is concerned, and he adorning the green perimeter. Park is worth visiting because even pleasant atmosphere, all strenuous, just makes you smile. Scarcity of thermophilic oak forests, vegetation diversity, gives special significance Phytogeographically Forest Reserve forest Trivale a real importance. The park was declared a natural monument in 1939.

Arges Monastery

Built in the reign of Neagoe between 1512 – 1517, the monastery is part of the most famous Romanian legend, “Legend of Master Manole”. Known as the Episcopal Church, Episcopal seat since it was between 1739 and 1748, place of worship has a length of 18 meters, width 10 meters and height of 25 meters. As a curiosity, the nave and narthex are not separated by a door, but a door frame mounted between two columns. Over time it has undergone several restoration. The current form was given by the French architect Andre Lecomte du Nouy and the Romanian architect Nicolae Gabrielescu in the second half of the nineteenth century. The restoration works were completed in 1885 and the church was consecrated on October 12, 1886.

Draws attention both inside mural oil painting done by French painters F. Nicolle, Ch. Renouard and the Romanian N. Constantinescu of Curtea de Arges, and especially the group of 12 columns representing the 12 apostles. Also inside the Monastery of the Holy Filofteea relics, part of saints Sergius Muceniţei Vach and Tatiana and Resurrection Gospel of Saturday, written in golden letters of Queen Elizabeth. Also here rest the mortal remains of Kings Ferdinand and Carol I and Queens Elisabeth and Maria’s.

Historical sources say Curtea de Arges canonization took place on August 16, 1517, the Holy Hierarch Nifon (1508), Patriarch of Constantinople and Metropolitan of Wallachia (1500-1505).Hence, his relics, placed in a coffin silver plated with gold, were sent to Dioniseu-Athos monastery. Also in this shrine to St. Pious Martis refugee Sophrony of crow, one of the defenders of orthodox faith in Transylvania.

Vidraru dam

The beauty boundless dam fascinates you so that whenever you are in those places you want to visit it.

Its construction lasted about five years, the dam with a height of over 160 meters. The dam has a concrete structure, building on slopes and Vidraru Pleasa. Its turbines provide enough power capacity required residents of the neighborhood, its capacity of 400 GWh / year. Near to learn lake Vidraru, which was founded in 1966, is located on the Arges River, an area 28 km long.Lake Vidraru collects rivers Capra, Buda, River Lady, and Valsan Cernatul, topology, Valea lui Stan and clear accumulating a rate of 5.5 cubic meters per second. In total, the lake has an area of 393 hectares, to a maximum depth of 155 meters even in the dam area.

Besides the impressive size of the buildings in the area, tourists can admire the beauty of the place. Being situated in a mountainous region, Vidraru offers tourists quite pleasant scenery, summer providing a cool environment for those who want to escape the heat of the big cities. The vegetation is plentiful in the region were planted many pine and hardwood forests. Fauna is specific mountain relief.

Transalpina road

Transalpina road (DN67C) is the highest road in Romania. It’s one of the famous Romanian high altitude roads. With a length of 146 km, it goes trough the Carpathian Mountains, reaching a maximum altitude of 2,145m above sea level in Pasul Urdele. In 2009 it was completely paved.

The road was built under King Carol II. That’s the reason why Romanian locals in the area call it The King’s Road (“Drumul Regelui”). It was opened in 1938, when it was inaugurated by King Charles II in Poiana Sibiu and it was rebuilt during World War II by German troops, when they needed a road for military purposes, but remained inaccessible for most normal drivers and vehicles until only a few years ago. In 2007 it started the works to transform this spectacular road into a modern highway (148 km), allowing a rapid transit between Oltenia and Transylvania. In 2009 it was completely paved. It was totally opened to traffic in 2012. Located in the Parâng Mountains group, in the Southern Carpathians of Romania, it’s one of the most spectacular roads of the Carpathian Mountains. The road links Novaci, south of Parâng Mountains and Sebeş in the north. Taken a few meters down from Balea Lake, on the northern part of the road. It shows the curvy lanes going down through the glacier’s valley. Luckily the clouds were on their way to Sibiu so the view was clear.